Progress Rail Services Corp. Accounting Assistant in Kansas City, Missouri
Auto req ID: 3867BR
Posting Title: Accounting Assistant
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
City: Kansas City
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Accounting Assistant in the Kansas City, MO office will be responsible for daily accounting activities and assisting where needed.
Key Job Elements
• Enter all AR invoices;
• Measuring and reporting inventory cost and quantity accuracy; managing inventory efficiently;
• Reconcile and ensure accuracy of balance sheet accounts; maintain detailed supporting schedules;
• Effectively communicate with Operations and all levels of Management;
• Ensure compliance with company policies related to finance;
• Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis as requested;
• Participate in special projects as needed;
• Other administrative duties as assigned.
Education / Training
• Accredited Associate Degree in Accounting or Business.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of 3 years accounting experience in manufacturing, or related field;
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word);
• Baan, Infor LN or other ERP system knowledge;
• Strong analytical skills and general knowledge of accounting principles;
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills;
• Detail-oriented/sense of urgency/follow-through;
• Ability to multi-task, work independently, and work effectively in varying environments;
• Experience in ERP implementation a plus (LN especially);
• Strong organizational skills;
• Must have a professional attitude and must be dependable;
• Ability to learn company specific software packages.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities