Progress Rail Services Corp. Corporate Quality Assurance Manager in Kansas City, Missouri
Auto req ID: 4254BR
Posting Title: Corporate Quality Assurance Manager
Job Category: Quality & Reliability
City: Kansas City
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Support multiple facilities within the Infrastructure Division on quality assurance initiatives. Provide technical expertise to internal and external personnel on processes and products that affect quality. Work to continuously improve the processes and product.
Key Job Elements
• Perform Internal Audits of several facilities (10 - 15) within the Infrastructure Division;
• Assist facilities with maintaining the Quality Management System (QMS) including quality work instructions, forms, procedures, and ISO & AAR documentation;
• Serve as the Management Representative for external quality audits;
• Perform audits of vendor facilities;
• Investigate internal quality non-conformances and all customer complaints regarding product quality. Work with cross-functional teams, conduct failure mode analyses to determine root cause;
• Lead and/or participate in continuous improvement efforts and projects;
• Assist facilities with developing training materials, work instructions, quality manuals, and other documentation to train employees on equipment and best practices;
• Coordinate and schedule QMS Management Review meetings and maintain reports;
• Conduct and evaluate metallurgical failure analyses to determine root cause of product failures;
• Assist Supply Chain personnel with vendor PPAP approval of products;
• Assist with evaluation and on-boarding of new suppliers;
• Work directly with suppliers when quality issues arise; which include working through root cause analysis at supplier facilities.
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred;
• Metallurgical, Material Sciences or related field preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Two years of previous experience in a quality leadership role;
• Experience leading quality initiative in a manufacturing environment;
• Experience leading Kaizen Initiatives and solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles;
• ISO quality management systems certification a plus;
• Metallurgical failure analysis experience;
• Experience with statistical process control methodologies.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities