Progress Rail Services Corp. Product Manager in Kansas City, Missouri
Auto req ID: 3854BR
Posting Title: Product Manager
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
City: Kansas City
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Support Sales as the technical liaison for all facets of customer relationships and sell welding equipment services and parts. Work involves making decisions within the limits of general policies and procedures along with wide latitude of creativity, perception, and initiative. Work closely with regionally-based team to drive growth and completion of existing contracts. Work with headquarters-based team to develop and strengthen processes and solve day to day problems.
Key Job Elements
• Manage leads and support sales for new equipment/service and parts sales to maximize PRS market share;
• Coordinate with sales on tracking short and long range sales forecast;
• Coordinate with sales on developing and tracking strategies to achieve service, equipment and parts sales goals;
• Coordinate the execution of Aftermarket Orders: Serve as prime technical coordinator between Customer and internal departments to resolve issues or concerns;
• Help provide direction for planning and customer service efforts;
• Organize, plan, and prioritize effectively;
• Work well with others;
• Promote a positive corporate image;
• Develop appropriate skills and obtain knowledge required to promote and sell PRS welding services;
• Troubleshoot customs/financial/equipment and material issues;
• Meet customers and become familiar with their business;
• Take an active role in hosting customer visits (meetings, training, dinners etc.);
• Develop effective sales proposals and promotional tools;
• Develop professional working relations with customers, PRS support staff, and external support agencies;
• Travel extensively to support customer needs and achieve PRS sales objectives;
• Conduct all job responsibilities in accordance with "Our Values in Action, Caterpillar's Code of Conduct."
Education / Training
• BS Degree: Weld Engineering or Metallurgist.
Qualifications and Experience
• Ability to think strategically and adapt to changing market conditions;
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others;
• Well developed oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated leadership influence skills;
• Effective negotiation skills;
• High level of analytical ability to assess, identify, and facilitate alternate courses of action to mitigate project risk;
• Experience with commercial sales and service of PRS products;
• Working knowledge of internal departments and relationships;
• Assertive leadership for directing sales efforts and support requirements;
• Well developed oral and written communication skill;
• Working knowledge of PC applications, Word, Excel, Project;
• Ability to travel extensively;
• Highly developed country-specific cultural and business protocols;
• Ability to relocate now or in the future based on the needs of the business;
• Experience as a Metallurgist and or Welding Engineer.
• Knowledge of welding component and end product application criteria;
• Experience with commercial Sales and Service.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities