Progress Rail Services Corp. Aftermarket Planner in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3094BR
Posting Title: Aftermarket Planner
Job Category: Supply Chain
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Plan for specifically assigned productive and/or non-productive materials, supplies, machinery, tooling and services. Decisions are made based on general policies, procedures, and/or specifications. Work is performed independently under general direction.
Key Job Elements
• Schedule quality material to support aftermarket demand requirements;
• Identify and resolve supply-related issues (including critical or chronic shortages, problem suppliers) relating to assigned suppliers and parts;
Apply critical thinking, problem solving, root cause analysis, & corrective action where necessary;
• Respond quickly to changing aftermarket and production customer needs; Prioritize daily & weekly workflow to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction with for timeliness of product delivery;
• Review supplier schedules to identify deliveries which do not meet demand requirements; Expedite and obtain promises for delivery on all past due and upcoming due material;
• Manage delivery status updates in SAP via supplier schedules and MD04 notes, reporting status of late deliveries to the necessary people;
• Work to support customer on-time delivery, safety stock health, inventory accuracy, and inventory turns;
• Manage leadtime, minimum lot size, & rounding value settings in the MRP material master;
• Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering, Production, Quality, A/P, Material Mgt, Logistics, Customer Service, Receiving, Demand Planning, others;
• Control inventory of purchased parts by managing on-time deliveries and STO’s;
• Provide oversight of consigned inventory at suppliers including scrap disposition, returns, cycle counting, & reporting;
• Arrange for special transportation of critical material, and notify all relevant people;
• Champion or support 6S/lean principles, 5S initiatives, & other process improvement efforts throughout the supply chain;
Analyze material/commodity data and employ DMAIC approaches, necessary to optimize current inventory levels, in association with cost reductions; Proactively identify opportunities for efficiency gains;
• Adhere to Caterpillar Values in Action, as well as other company, supply chain, & purchasing policies and procedures;
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with assigned suppliers, including visits & meetings as necessary, to assist in planning, expediting, and improving effectiveness;
• Work and complete special projects as needed.
Education / Training
• College graduate with bachelor's degree in supply chain or related field.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 3 years experience in material planning or customer service;
• Working knowledge of ERP and supply chain processes;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Analytical ability and complex problem solving skills;
• Self-starter with initiative; ability to function with minimal supervision;
• High level of interpersonal skills to work within team environment;
• Knowledge of Purchasing and Material Department operations;
• Ability to read blueprints and understand basic Engineering documents;
• Understanding of demand forecasting and inventory management;
• Must be able to travel as required.
• Knowledge of highly engineered commodities: Metallic/Machined/Electrical;
• Proficient computer knowledge; SAP or Oracle planning experience; MS Office;
• APICS and/or CPM certification;
• Six Sigma training; Lean manufacturing methodology;
Castings, Forgings, Machining, Fabrications, Stampings, Steel, Copper, Valves, Pumps, Injectors, Bearings, Gears, Fasteners, Starters, Contactors, Relays, Motors, Compressors, Circuits, Sensors, Semi-conductors, Switches, Inverters, Resistors, Hoses, Seals, Gaskets, Filters, Insulation, Springs, Connectors, Laminations, Brakes, Shocks, Electrical Controls.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities