Progress Rail Services Corp. Director - Global Aftermarket Product in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3872BR
Posting Title: Director - Global Aftermarket Product
Job Category: Customer Service
Alternative Work Location: In US within close proximity to major airport
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for Progress Rail’s aftermarket operations on freight and passenger locomotives. Responsible for the planning, design, setup and execution of global operations. Work with Sales, Supply Chain & Customer Performance to develop re-manufactured products for sell in local markets as well as serve in contiguity.
Key Job Elements
• Help to sets strategy at the division level along with other senior leaders as it relates to operations at various business units globally, responsible for industrialization of current and future re-manufacturing production line;
• Provide overall strategy/direction for the manufacturing of components and assemblies;
• Ensure process execution for key business processes such as project planning, tooling, equipment, facilities is in place for a successful manufacturing operation;
• Lead complete production line setup process starting from creating SOW based on requirement, working with local vendors to develop tear-down/wash/inspection/assembly/test solution, installation and validation of the production line;
• Participate in core pool planning , execution in harmony with global operations/teams;
• Working with Sales and Supply Chain to accurately forecast product supply & demand to meet our customer needs;
• Participate in frequent site audits for operational safety & execution. Complete facility audits to identify any deviation from outlined process;
• Develop control plans, work instructions, PFMEA, MSA (as required), and any additional APQP related documents required for industrialization;
• Incorporate quality & lean production processes to improve operating efficiency of the manufacturing program;
• Assure appropriate processes are used to develop & execute product manufacturing specifications;
• Develop efficient rebuild/re-manufacturing process to cost effectively service local and adjacent markets;
• Travel up to 50% primarily international.
Education / Training
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience
• 7+ years of Project management experience or Project industrialization experience;
• Locomotive re-man/ Aftermarket industry experience;
• Overseas assignment experience;
• Positive attitude with ability to influence without direct reporting structure;
• Demonstrate persistence and resilience; personal maturity;
• Strong written and verbal communications skills;
• Additional language skills(Spanish, Portuguese, French);
• Strong computer skills with traditional office tools;
• Understanding of multiple engineering functions to meet the customer's business needs;
• Ability to lead inter divisional activities;
• Ability to train and develop work group.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities