Progress Rail Services Corp. Electrical Assembler in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 4116BR
Posting Title: Electrical Assembler
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The electrical assembler is responsible to assemble and/or wire pieces or products that are used to build electrical control cabinets for locomotives.
This is a full time hourly position which includes benefits. The wage rate is $18.96 per hour.
Key Job Elements
Electrical and Electronic Equipment Assemblers: (Required Experience 3 – 5 years)
• Assemble, fasten end brackets and base to housing;
• Calibrate test instruments;
• Connect lead wires to printed circuit boards;
• Install finished assemblies, attaching hardware, switches, or other parts;
• Interpret blueprints and production drawings;
• Mount assembled components on chassis panel with hand tools;
• Position and align parts or components;
• Route or connect wires between components connectors and terminals;
• Secure assemblies and components to housing;
• Test functions of completed assemblies;
• Test wiring.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or GED is required.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3 – 5 years’ experience working as an electrical assembler;
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints;
• Ability to wire circuit boards;
• Basic reading, math, writing skills;
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
• Communicate effectively.
• 35 Pound Max Lift, 42 Pound Max Push Force;
• Ability to climb, bend, stoop, kneel and/or crouch;
• Ability to Stand or Walk more than 5 hours;
• Ability to step up & down repeatedly on platforms to assemble product;
• Must pass a fitness for duty exam;
• Work inside an enclosed structure while assembling.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities