Progress Rail Services Corp. Electrical Sub-Assembler in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 4413BR
Posting Title: Electrical Sub-Assembler
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
JOB LOCATION: LaGrange, ILLINOIS
The Electrical Sub-Assembler is responsible for building cable and wire kits, plug assemblies, wire harnesses and panel assemblies that are installed into electrical compartments for locomotives.
This is a full time hourly position which includes benefits. The wage rate is $18.96 per hour.
No Relocation available.
Key Job Elements
Required Experience: 1 – 3 years
• Ability to use standard measurement tools;
• Ability to cut, strip and crimp wire and cables;
• Follow plug charts to build plug assemblies;
• Follow process drawings to assemble wire
• Read blueprints to build panel assemblies;
• Reference wire running lists to terminate wires on panel assemblies;
• Read and understand engineering change documents;
• Follow process sheets and quality gate sheet;
• Ability to verify gauge calibration;
• Apply proper torque values per engineering standards.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or GED is required.
Qualifications and Experience
• 1 – 3 years of experience working as an Electrical Assembler;
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints;
• Use of basic hand and power tools
• Basic reading, math, writing skills;
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
• Communicate effectively.
• 35 Pound Max Lift, 42 Pound Max Push Force;
• Ability to climb, bend, stoop, kneel and/or crouch;
• Ability to Stand or Walk more than 5 hours;
• Ability to step up & down repeatedly on platforms to assemble product;
• Must pass a fitness for duty exam.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities