Progress Rail Services Corp. Electrical Systems & Order Management Engineer in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3360BR
Posting Title: Electrical Systems & Order Management Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Develop, maintain and enhance electrical and control systems designs for locomotives based on understanding and interpreting vehicle system requirements. Consults with supervisor as required.
Key Job Elements
• Develop, maintain and enhance electrical and control system designs based on understanding and interpreting vehicle system requirements;
• Manage the planning and execution of multiple projects simultaneously;
• Develop control architectural requirements for new locomotive software order development;
• Perform system level analysis to support vehicle development;
• Capture and provide requirements to the Locomotive Control Systems Engineering Development group;
• Develop locomotive application specific software characterizations;
• Validate the final product either on control stands or in the field as required;
• Provide support to field personnel as required based on field problems related to areas of responsibility;
• Provide support to multiple production sites, as required and related to areas of responsibility;
• Serve as the departmental interface to other engineering departments, other organizations and to the end customer;
• Travel as required to complete validation of system design. This travel should not exceed 25% of employee’s time.
Education / Training
• BS Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of 8 years experience developing software or systems engineering or electrical engineering;
• High analytical aptitude required in the area of System Design, System Development, System Integration and System;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Experience writing technical documents and requirements;
• Proven track record of having the internal drive and motivation of beginning and continuing tasks;
• Demonstrated strong commitment to team environment dynamics;
• Software Project Management experience;
• Experience with direct interface with the end customer;
• Experience with troubleshooting electrical systems on complex system.
• Knowledge of Locomotive functionality;
• Knowledge of Railroad Industry;
• Knowledge of control theory;
• Familiarity with Telelogic Change & Synergy, JIRA;
• Experience with EN50128.
This position is eligible for relocation benefits.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities