Progress Rail Services Corp. Engine Technician in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3039BR
Posting Title: Engine Technician
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The mechanical assembler is responsible to assemble fabricated parts, pieces or products that are used to build locomotive components.
This is a full time Regular position that includes Benefits.
Wage Rate is $20.50 per hour.
Key Job Elements
Assemblers and Fabricators:
• Assemble or disassemble mechanical components;
• Assemble parts in a sequence;
• Attach or bolt parts, components, or subassemblies to assembly units;
• Bend and tap parts into alignment;
• Clean work area, equipment, or tools;
• Cut out or trim sections, segments, or parts;
• Drill holes;
• File parts to fit;
• Glue and clamp edges or joints of assembled parts;
• Inspect for conformity to industry standards or specifications;
• Read and follow work orders;
• Routine assembly of products;
• Stamp name and insignia on product;
• Grind using hand and power tolls;
• Operate crane.
• Confer, share decision making process;
• Demonstrate new and changed operations;
• Discuss, communicate production problem areas;
• Fill in work stations as needed;
• Monitor work progress;
• Perform assembly tasks;
• Rotate work stations;
• Train and incorporate new workers into team concept.
Education / Training
Education / Training:
High School Diploma or GED
Qualifications and Experience
• 1 - 3 years’ experience working as a Mechanical / Team Assembler;
• Basic math skills;
• Basic reading & writing skills;
• Communicate effectively;
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
•35 Pound Max Lift, 42 Pound Max Push Force
•Ability to climb, bend, stoop, kneel and/or crouch
•Ability to Stand or Walk more than 5 hours
•Ability to step up & down repeatedly on platforms to assemble product
•Must pass a fitness for duty exam
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities