Progress Rail Services Corp. Engineering Administrative Assistant in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3512BR
Posting Title: Engineering Administrative Assistant
Job Category: Administrative/Clerical
Alternative Work Location: Operations Building, Engineering Floor
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for supporting Engineering Directors and their groups with supervision available to handle unusual situations. Work includes various administrative tasks, i.e., typing, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, involving the ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures. Administrative skills require a high degree of accuracy and coordination.
Key Job Elements
• Conserve manager’s time by assuming administrative details.
• Ensure bi-weekly Empower timekeeping process is submitted in a timely and accurate manner
• Coordinate a system for managing office routine.
• Schedule complex meetings in multiple locations
• Prepare and enter Director Expense Manager reports utilizing SAP Expense Manager
• Maintain and publish weekly manager schedules
• Coordinate events, including customer visits, employee recognition, retirements, and patent awards.
• Arrange complex international and domestic travel for Engineering Directors and Managers using BCD Concur Travel System
• Obtain Passport renewals and VISAs
• Compile monthly Safety Compliance Metrics
• Manage each step of a new hire start process including working with IT, setting up their desk including all computer hardware, cube sign, ID Badge requests, etc.
• Maintain the Engineering floor plan cube assignments for Engineering and other Groups in the building
• Maintain office supplies for groups
• Expedite handling of correspondence and phone calls.
• Prepare written reports, letters, etc.
• Maintain regular contact with others outside the work group.
• Complete various assignments as requested.
• Type, proofread and distribute forms, records and reports.
• Maintain records, confidential files, and company specific reports.
• Schedule meetings and maintain calendars.
Education / Training
• Two-year college degree or professional certification in related field or equivalent experience (five years).
Qualifications and Experience
• Demonstrated planning & organizational skills.
• Demonstrated analytical skills.
• High level of interpersonal skills.
• High level of problem solving ability including independent judgment and decision making skills with some supervision.
• Advanced level of proficiency in with personal computers and software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, SharePoint, Empower, Kenexa Brass Ring job requisitions, and TimeControl).
• Demonstrated knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Highly proficient oral and written communication skills.
• Takes initiative and works independently with little supervision.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities