Progress Rail Services Corp. Environmental Manager in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 4384BR
Posting Title: Environmental Manager
Job Category: Environmental/Health/Safety
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Environmental Manager has overall responsibility for developing, coordinating, managing and monitoring environmental compliance programs, issues and results for the LaGrange, IL location.
Key Job Elements
• Manage environmental documents such as permits, waste manifests, inspections and checklists within the Environmental Management System;
• Collect storm water samples and submit chain of custody forms to the laboratory for proper analytical evaluation;
• Assist in preparation of facility environmental audits and inspections;
• Assist management in addressing and correcting Compliance Audit findings;
• Conduct weekly inspections (e.g., waste storage areas, storm water outfalls, etc.) and upload final inspections to Environmental Management System;
• Review and update LQG Emergency Contingency Plan on annual basis and submit changes to the local agencies. (Fire Department, Hospital, LEPC, and Sheriff Dept.);
• Review waste disposal records by maintaining copies of Manifest and linking to Environmental Management System;
• ISO 14001 Program assistance with intention to Lead/Champion all ISO 14001 activities;
• Coordinate and oversee ISO 14001 Cross-Functional Team;
• Assistance with overall ISO 14001 program implementation, documentation, and training;
• Review and reconcile monthly waste summary reports;
• Collect monthly Wastewater Samples and submit chain of custody forms to the laboratory for proper analytical evaluation;
• Provide annual training to employees related to various Environmental topics;
• Employee may attend “Smoke School” every 6 months in order to obtain a certificate to properly evaluate air emissions;
• Assist with review and updating SWPPP/SPCC plans on an annual basis – update in Environmental Management System;
• Conduct monthly/quarterly/annual Storm Water/SPCC Inspections and link final inspection to Environmental Management System;
• Documentation and reporting of spills and chemical releases – monthly reporting task in Environmental Management System;
• Assist with environmental training for New Hire Employees;
• Assist with maintaining paint usage & emissions logs and upload to Environmental Management System;
• Assist with compliance tracking related to internal EHS Assurance Manual;
• Record hazardous material usage in accordance with various environmental permits;
• Assist with preparing Annual/Semi-Annual Reports to various Regulatory Agencies;
• Assist with collection of Environmental and Energy Data for Caterpillar Environmental Metrics monthly submittal;
• Obtain State of Illinois Class A/B/C UST Operator Certificate.
Education / Training
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental or Engineering related field required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment;
• Solid understanding of environmental practices and regulatory requirements;
• Good communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels, including company management, staff, contractors, vendors, site, and regulatory personnel;
• Must have valid driver’s license;
• Must be proficient in MS Office applications;
• High level of analytical ability to solve complex problems.
This position is eligible for relocation benefits.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities