Progress Rail Services Corp. Global Product Manager – Control Mechanical in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 2899BR
Posting Title: Global Product Manager – Control Mechanical
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Global Product Manager for Control Mechanical is responsible for effectively managing the product lifecycle of the EM2000 and other legacy electro-mechanical products. Legacy technology products including EM2000 modules, FIRE legacy systems, EMDEC/DDEC controllers, HVACs, contactors and relays, switches, throttle controllers. The GPM is also responsible for building a NPI pipeline of new and/or modified products to grow both revenue and margin.
Key Job Elements
• Employ effective product management skillset across portfolio to manage the product lifecycle;
• Manage revenue and profitability of product line components;
• Allocate and manage budgets for all product line initiatives and projects;
• Manage cross functional and external relationships, acting as the project leader;
• Interface with senior management, customers, and key internal and external stakeholders on an on-going basis;
• Lead projects within and across groups to bring new products to market;
• Identify opportunity within product line for new reman opportunities – work closely with GPM of reman for execution of strategy;
• Lead all new product development planning and projects for the Control Mechanical product line;
• Identify areas of growth and develop business case for pursuing new business / product lines;
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with “Our Values In Action, Caterpillar’s Code of Conduct.”
Education / Training
University degree, Business Administration, Engineering or Equivalent Education, training and experience.
Qualifications and Experience
• Strong project management skills (planning, budgeting, and managing);
• Demonstrated experience in leading or being part of a team/environment with multiple examples of executing product development projects;
• Solid track record project leadership skills, including working cross functionally;
• Ability to build informal project teams (manage the matrix) to accomplish tasks;
• High level of interpersonal skills;
• Strong analytical capability & creative problem solving where problems are broad & complex;
• Familiar with staged gate process of new product development or introduction;
• Strong understanding of value proposition development, customer VOC, and trade-off analysis;
• Self-motivated with willingness to work beyond scripted job description to solve business issues;
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills;
• Proven track record of being flexible and adaptable to changing job requirements;
• Basic knowledge of EMD products and customer base;
• Understanding of EMD’s operational practices and policies;
• General understand and knowledge of engine and engine support equipment;
• Financial acumen;
• Knowledge of SAP;
• Basic financial statement knowledge.
This position is eligible for relocation benefits.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities