Progress Rail Services Corp. Intern - Aftermarket Marketing in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3856BR
Posting Title: Intern - Aftermarket Marketing
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Alternative Work Location: LaGrange, Illinois
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
To provide a college undergraduate/graduate student with practical work experience to supplement an academic field of study. Position would normally be a temporary assignment to be utilized during student's vacation period with consecutive employment not to exceed an academic semester plus one vacation period. Work involves a substantial variety of clerical and/or technical duties with instruction by supervisor.
Key Job Elements
• Support Aftermarket Marketing in Customer/Competitor segmentation and establishing optimal pricing;
• Completes assignments within a department or activity which utilize the employees academic discipline;
• Work assignments are productive and are accountable for quality of results;
• May be requested to provide a presentation of the assignment(s).
SELECTION OF PROJECTS:
• Assist Pricing Team with identifying optimal price levels using data driven recommendations and documenting those processes;
• Assist Product Managers with refining global customer/product hierarchy and segmentation;
• Support Proposal Managers with bid, proposal and tender submission;
• Processes and researching market and fleet data.
Education / Training
• Currently attending 4 year college/university with a major in Marketing, Business.
Qualifications and Experience
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
• Must maintain a satisfactory level of performance of work assignment(s);
• Must sustain a minimum cumulative GPA of "B" or better;
• Must have completed at least the freshman year.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities