Progress Rail Services Corp. Material Specialist in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 2610BR
Posting Title: Material Specialist
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Material Specialist is responsible for the movement of material in the warehouse and within a production area.
The starting wage rate is $17.43 per hour. These are full time positions that include Benefits.
Key Job Elements
• Operate electrical and gas power Fork Truck and Transveyor;
• Inspect vehicle per safety check sheet before use;
• Clean and maintain vehicles;
• Follow general safety practices for mobile equipment operation;
• Load and unload material into material locations;
• Use tracking documents to deliver material to destinations;
• Perform inventory counts.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
Qualifications & Experience:
• 1 – 3 years experience required;
• Ability to operate Fork Truck and Transveyor;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
• Ability to work effectively with a team;
• Ability to work independently as needed to support the group effort;
• Basic knowledge of cleaning products or willing to learn.
• Must meet vision and fitness for duty exam;
• Be able to climb on and off truck repetitively 8 hours per day;
• Ability to Lift 35# & 42# push pull force.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities