Progress Rail Services Corp. Materials Clerk in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 2908BR
Posting Title: Materials Clerk
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
This multi-skilled job classification includes the skills of a Materials Clerk. The qualified employee must possess a minimum of the following listed skills. The functions of a Materials Clerk will be performed in a fast-paced work environment supporting multiple customers.
This is a full time position that includes Benefits.
Wage Rate is $17.43 per hour.
Key Job Elements
• Possess a complete working knowledge of the Materials function;
• Warehouse control;
• Inventory Control – cycle counting;
• Expediting (desired);
• Working knowledge of the shipping and receiving processes is desirable;
• Posses work experience with an MRP system, preferably SAP®;
• Strong MSOffice® skills, including Excel® and Word®;
• Microsoft Outlook 2010;
• Capable of handling any material needs, solving material problems and inventory control issues as they arise;
• Capable of accurately updating materials database;
• Capable of effectively communicating via e-mail based system;
• Ability to ask questions when unable to solve a problem;
• Ability to learn new tasks;
• Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks;
• Ability to work safely in a manufacturing facility;
• Ability to use general office equipment.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or GED required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience with Warehouse & Inventory Control;
• Work experience with SAP;
• Minimum of two (2) years Materials or Dispatching related experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above mentioned tasks;
• Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel & Word.
• Ability to lift 35 pounds;
• Ability to stand, walk and bend more than 5 hours.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities