Progress Rail Services Corp. Mechanical Technical Expert and Training Instructor in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3751BR
Posting Title: Mechanical Technical Expert and Training Instructor
Job Category: Customer Service
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Mechanical Technical Expert and Training Instructor will provide Mechanical Technical and Practical Training to internal and external customers domestically and internationally. In this role, you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope and where you will have to utilize your EMD Mechanical experience and understanding to expand and grow the Mechanical training curriculum to satisfy customer needs.
Key Job Elements
• Develop training manuals and presentations related to the familiarization, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of EMD engines, Mechanical Systems and Air Brake as well as other EMD Products and Services.
• Develop curriculum and provide instruction for both classroom and hands-on training to internal and external customers.
• Develop instructional videos to compliment and support training needs.
• Select and recommend the appropriate teaching-learning approach, media, and delivery platforms for better comprehension of EMD engine products.
• Design evaluation strategies to measure learning impact and communicate the evaluation process to better improve the training offered.
• Support the EMD’s Training Department’s mission to provide internal and external customers with world-class training and solutions so they can maintain EMD Products in a safe and reliable operating condition with a minimum of down time.
• Develop synergy between training manuals and technical publications
• Contribute to development of technical publications as needed
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time, domestically and internationally as needed.
Education / Training
• Associates degree or equivalent experience.
• College Degree.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in design, repair or troubleshooting of mechanical systems.
• 3 - 5 years of field and hands-on experience and troubleshooting preferred
• Strong knowledge of the EMD 710 engine, EMDEC, and mechanical systems required
• Airbrake and compressed air systems is a plus
• Experience in technical training or instruction preferred
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint, Adobe.
• First-hand knowledge of EMD Maintenance practices.
• Six-Sigma, Lean or other Quality Program certified preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities