Progress Rail Services Corp. Pricing Specialist in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3725BR
Posting Title: Pricing Specialist
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Alternative Work Location: LaGrange, IL
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The position of Pricing & Proposals Analyst is a central contributor in commercial activities in the growing global aftermarket. The analysts work extensively with other departments in development of proposals and in building models based on market intelligence. The Pricing & Proposals team invests significant time in development of value-based pricing tools and compiling/deploying advanced business analytics to other stakeholders. Ideal candidates will possess a combination of insatiable curiosity for learning more about the industry, customers, and products as well as demonstrating an ability to effectively collaborate with technical experts, sales representatives, and senior management.
Key Job Elements
• Support Product Management on establishing/refining global product line pricing strategies;
• Assess competitiveness of products related to pricing, promotional programs, contribution analyses, to support growth and profitability initiatives;
• Create and maintain product and customer segmentation in support of value-based pricing initiatives;
• Assist in the development of proposals for major Aftermarket opportunities incorporating deep knowledge of market segments;
• Maintain customer contracts and provide customer level reviews for sales and senior management;
• Compile analysis and financial models based on industry and customer trends, government indices, and developments to support decision making;
• Assist in the maintenance of global list price and discount tables including the general price review;
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with, "Our Values in Action, Caterpillar's Code of Conduct."
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or equivalent work experience;
• MBA a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
• 2 - 5 years of customer service, accounting, financial analysis or pricing experience;
• Previous work experience in Heavy Manufacturing/Transportation/Automotive industries a plus;
• Verbal and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical capabilities;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Self-starter with the ability to prioritize assignments/projects within tight time constraints in order to meet deadlines;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities