Progress Rail Services Corp. Program Manager in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3472BR
Posting Title: Program Manager
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Organize and coordinate programs by providing strategic guidance to teams and project managers in ways that promote the company’s culture. Oversee the progress of operations and ensure that the program(s) deliver the desirable outcome to the organization. May supervise a small group of employees engaged in a number of closely related operations.
Key Job Elements
• Organize, structure and manage project teams to meet the needs of the project;
• Assure resources, timing, scope and deliverables are clearly defined and managed;
• Controls project costs and manage the project budget;
• Lead efforts with the organization to ensure on time delivery of quality information, material, workmanship and deliverables of the contract are being met to project specifications;
• Issue various project reports detailing project performance;
• Effect a timely contract completion with customer satisfaction;
• Identify and manage project risks and scope change;
• Travel as required to perform duties;
• Accept special assignments as needed.
Education / Training
• BS in Business or Engineering.
• MBA or Masters in Engineering;
• PMP certified.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 8-10 years of Project Management experience;
• Minimum 10 years of experience on capital intensive, highly engineering, long life cycle product line;
• Experience in successfully managing people, projects and/or programs;
• High level of analytical ability to assess, identify and facilitate appropriate alternative courses of action;
• Highly developed written and verbal communication;
• Excellent conflict resolution skills;
• Ability to travel.
• Product development experience.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities