Progress Rail Services Corp. Project Scheduler in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 4007BR
Posting Title: Project Scheduler
Job Category: Engineering
Alternative Work Location: LaGrange, IL
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The project scheduler is part of the program management office and supports the project managers by creating, statuses and reporting the project schedules for production orders and engineering projects.
Key Job Elements
• Work with functional areas to develop and maintain a MS Project schedule for the locomotive business;
• Schedule projects from a milestone, resource, and task standpoint;
• Report on project status and resource availability in support of Project Management;
• Maintain accurate records/paper work while prioritizing and managing multiple project assignments;
• Participate on project teams and help in the development of work around plans for the critical path activities, if required;
• Prepares weekly reports and analysis of project activities as required on a project.
Education / Training
• College graduate - Bachelors degree with emphasis in Business or Program Management or equivalent;
• Experience using in MS-Project, Primavera or other project scheduling tool.
• Exposure to ERP systems.
Qualifications and Experience
• Understands Critical Path Methodology;
• Knowledge of project management concepts;
• Ability to apply logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems;
• High level of interpersonal skills to work within team environment;
• Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Self-starter with initiative; ability to function with minimal supervision;
• Demonstrated personal time management skills.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities