Progress Rail Services Corp. Purchasing Program Manager in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3030BR
Posting Title: Purchasing Program Manager
Job Category: Purchasing
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Create, execute and manage the strategy, development and procurement of locomotive modules for all global facilities with focus on cost savings, quality, delivery and flow to the varied build locations.
Key Job Elements
• To ensure delivery, quality and cost targets are met by directing sourcing decisions, material flow and cost reviews for equipped majors, on each locomotive order. Develop suppliers to deliver high quality low cost major structures;
• Direct sourcing of large mechanical and electrically equipped structures: cab, hoods, locker, workstation and crew cabinet;
• Drive down cost of components and services year over year;
• Award business to suppliers to ensure balancing capacity, cost and experience;
• Work with new suppliers to develop tooling, purchasing approaches and build custom structures;
• Manage order from PO placement through invoicing and payment;
• Manage/minimize variable cost and costs of change during manufacturing process;
• Manage supplier and PRL schedules;
• Work with locomotive assembly plant to minimize downtime and the impact of schedule changes;
• Identify supplier weaknesses and suggest improvements to reduce cost and improve delivery performance;
• Run large RFQ/RFI and analyze results to select suppliers that match PRL needs;
• Collaborate with SQE and Engineering on developing new suppliers to meet PRL goals.
Education / Training
B.S. in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or equivalent training and experience.
Qualifications and Experience
• Creative thinking to remove barriers to success;
• Expediting and planning knowledge;
• Ability to read general prints and details of locomotive features/EDL’s;
• Collaborations with buyers, engineers and supplier contacts to accomplish goals;
• Data driven analysis and decision making;
• Ability to influence without direct control;
• New product introduction, Purchasing and/or Engineering discipline;
• Familiarity with: MS Project, MS Office Suite, MS Outlook; SAP.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities