Progress Rail Services Corp. Reliability Engineer in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 2960BR
Posting Title: Reliability Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Develop and present reliability analyses on locomotives to program management. Work with Supply Chain and Supplier Quality to raise visibility of new locomotive parts ensuring all tasks are completed to allow for on time delivery.
Key Job Elements
• Work with tool engineering to identify new tool requirements, both internal and external.
Coordinate information among engineers, suppliers and the plant.
• Work with the team (engineering, supply chain, tool engrg and supply quality) to put mitigation plans in place.
• Identify critical suppliers (poor delivery performance, poor quality, etc.) that must be monitored on an ongoing basis.
• Develop and maintain Parts Readiness procedures, instructions and reports. Promote continuous improvement in this area.
• Develop and present reliability analyses to program management;
• Maintain reports by order for management review;
• Assist in development of test data collection and analysis system and integrate into the CLCA process;
• Track/Analyze field and test data for contractual compliance;
• Derive, validate and document failure rates, modes and effects at product level;
• Develop reliability mathematical models.
Education / Training
• College degree or equivalent training
• Statistical training and demonstrated application
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience with Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
• Experience with Weibull analyses
• Knowledge and expertise in standard Microsoft applications
• Med/High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
• Medium level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
• US Railway Operations or Supplier experience.
• Adaptability and flexibility to work in a dynamic environment
• Experience with Closed Loop Corrective Action System for failure analysis and corrective action
• Excellent interpersonal skills including leading and working in a cross-functional team environment
• EMD Locomotive experience.
• Understanding of problem solving, root cause analysis and experience with segregating reliability failures from manufacturing defects and misdiagnosis.
This position is eligible for relocation benefits.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities