Progress Rail Services Corp. Revenue Management Analyst in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3731BR
Posting Title: Revenue Management Analyst
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Alternative Work Location: LaGrange, Illinois
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The position of Revenue Management Analyst will work closely with Product Management to identify areas of opportunity for revenue and margin growth in the Aftermarket as well as to provide feedback and recommendations on product positioning. The individual will also develop and maintain key metrics around price realization and complex modelling.
Key Job Elements
• Support Product Management on establishing/refining global product line pricing strategies;
• Assess competitiveness of products related to pricing, promotional programs, contribution analyses, to support growth and profitability initiatives;
• Create and maintain product and customer segmentation in support of value-based pricing initiatives;
• Identify growth opportunities in the Aftermarket using complex modelling and revenue optimization software;
• Maintain and report on Price Realization metrics to provide insight to senior leadership on contributing factors;
• Collaborate with Product Management on complex modelling tools to better understand potential market;
• Contribute to enhancement of revenue forecasting.
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
• MBA a plus
Qualifications and Experience
• 5 years of financial analysis or pricing experience;
• Previous work experience in Heavy Manufacturing/Transportation/Automotive industries a plus;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Self-starter with the ability to prioritize assignments/projects within tight time constraints in order to meet deadlines;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities