Progress Rail Services Corp. Senior Engine Performance Project Engineer in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3142BR
Posting Title: Senior Engine Performance Project Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR RELOCATION WITHIN THE US
Responsible for diesel engine performance and emissions testing, component design, prototype development, testing, cost savings, and manufacturing support through the application of specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities. Work involves independent judgment, decision making, and creativity. Management is available to provide additional guidance for unusual situations.
Key Job Elements
• Responsible for diesel engine performance and emissions testing, component design, prototype development, testing, cost savings, and manufacturing support;
• Must be able to work in cross-functional teams and coordinate with internal departments as well as outside suppliers;
• Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently with little supervision on complex design analyses;
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential to effectively communicate with co-workers and senior management;
• Job requires strong written skills to provide technical reports and operating procedures;
• Able to identify customer field failures and provide timely and cost effective solutions;
• Candidate must be able to prepare, manage, and track project budgets.
Education / Training
• BS in Mechanical Engineering (MS Preferred).
Qualifications and Experience
• Ability to make sketches read engineering drawings and conduct common mechanical engineering computations;
• Must be familiar with basic machining tools and manufacturing processes;
• Knowledge of computer software as it pertains to engineering;
• Preferred experience in performance and emissions testing of diesel engines;
• Preferred knowledge of diesel engine emission aftertreatment devices;
• Good oral and written skills;
• Willing to travel as required, up to 20%.
POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR RELOCATION
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities