Progress Rail Services Corp. Senior Material Planner in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3510BR
Posting Title: Senior Material Planner
Job Category: Supply Chain
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
In this position, you are responsible for planning and monitoring the materials and products. Also manage the flow of inventory and make sure products are properly shipped to customers.
Key Job Elements
• Develop manufacturing planning schedules for assigned product lines;
• Determine weekly material requirements necessary to maintain production;
• Create long term material forecasts for supplier planning;
• Plan, monitor and assist with all aspects related to production activity.
• Forecast, expedite and maintain appropriate levels of inventory to meet our electrical rotating component demands.
• Investigate/Resolve discrepancies in supply and demand material.
• Create Purchase Requisitions and Stock Transport Orders as required.
• Manage all day to day activities related to assigned 3rd party Rebuild Electrical Rotating suppliers.
• Update and provide SAP report data as required.
• Coordinate truck movements to and from remanufacturing locations.
• Understands customer needs, is proactive and focuses on customer satisfaction.
• Provides regular measurement and feedback to Supervision as well as team members.
• Regular interface with Sales & Production Managers in order to prioritize and schedule assigned product lines.
• Performs any task that may be assigned by Supervisor or Manager when required.
• Works well in high pressure situations.
Education / Training
• College Degree or equivalent;
• APICS Certification preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Demonstrated experience in Materials Planning, Manufacturing Planning & Inventory Control;
• Experienced MRP II user;
• Familiarity with Transportation Planning;
• High level of SAP experience;
• Experience with working in a manufacturing environment and interfacing with shop personnel;
• Experienced MS-Office user including Excel, Word, Windows, Lotus Notes, Powerpoint, etc.;
• Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness;
• Has demonstrated organizational, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
• Can participate actively and work supportively within a Team setting with minimum Supervision;
• Willingness to travel as required;
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities