Progress Rail Services Corp. Sr. Analyst I - Pricing in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3944BR
Posting Title: Sr. Analyst I - Pricing
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Alternative Work Location: LaGrange, IL
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The position of Sr. Analyst I Pricing is a key contributor in commercial activities in the growing global aftermarket. The analyst will work extensively with other departments in development of list pricing and in building pricing models. The Pricing & Proposals team invests significant time in development of value-based pricing tools and compiling/deploying advanced business analytics to other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will possess a combination of motivation toward continuous improvement, desire to learn more about the industry, customers, and products as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with technical experts, Inside Sales, Product Management, and senior management.
Key Job Elements
• Maintenance of global list price for the annual/semi-annual price review;
• Create and maintain product and market segmentation strategies;
• Create and maintain customer discounting strategies;
• Develop process improvements to improve cycle time, quality, and accuracy of pricing requests and other routine team activities;
• Support Product Management in establishing/refining global product line pricing strategies;
• Assess competitiveness of products related to pricing, promotional programs, contribution analyses, to support growth and profitability initiatives;
• Compile analysis and financial models based on industry and customer trends, government indices, and macroeconomic developments to support decision making;
• Occasionally instruct and/or assign work to others;
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with, "Our Values in Action, Caterpillar's Code of Conduct."
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
• MBA a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
• 5 years of pricing, revenue management, or financial analysis experience;
• Previous work experience in Rail/Heavy Manufacturing/Automotive/Airline/CPG industries preferred;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Advanced problem solving and analytical capabilities with emphasis on elasticity, NPV, ROI, and statistical techniques;
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Self-starter with the ability to prioritize assignments/projects within tight time constraints in order to meet deadlines;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced user of Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with complex, highly engineered products preferred;
• Experience with ERP systems, SAP;
• Experience with business intelligence, relational database, or pricing tools.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities