Progress Rail Services Corp. Sr. Pricing & Proposal Analyst in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 4013BR
Posting Title: Sr. Pricing & Proposal Analyst
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Alternative Work Location: LaGrange, IL
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The position of Senior Pricing & Proposals Analyst is a central contributor in commercial activities in the growing global aftermarket. The analysts work extensively with other departments in development of proposals and in building models based on market data. The Pricing & Proposals team invests significant time in development of value-based pricing tools and compiling/deploying advanced business analytics to other stakeholders. Ideal candidates will possess ability to effectively collaborate with technical experts, sales representatives, and senior management.
Key Job Elements
• Develop proposals for major Aftermarket opportunities incorporating deep knowledge of customer profile and relevant market segments;
• Manage multiple bids and proposals to ensure timely submission;
• Maintain customer contracts and provide customer level reviews for sales and senior management;
• Support customer segmentation in support of value-based pricing initiatives;
• Assess competitiveness of bids and proposals related to pricing, lead time, and value proposition in support growth and profitability initiatives;
• Compile analysis and financial models based on customer specific behaviors and compare to industry trends;
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with, "Our Values in Action, Caterpillar's Code of Conduct."
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or equivalent work experience;
• MBA a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
• 2-5 years of financial analysis or pricing experience;
• Previous work experience in Heavy Manufacturing/Transportation/Automotive industries a plus;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Advanced problem solving and analytical capabilities, emphasis on trend analysis, ROI, NPV, and statistical techniques;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Self-starter with the ability to prioritize assignments/projects within tight time constraints in order to meet deadlines;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities