Progress Rail Services Corp. Sr. Product Engineering - Re-manufacturing in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3534BR
Posting Title: Sr. Product Engineering - Re-manufacturing
Job Category: Customer Service
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Aftermarket Technical Product Manager-Reman acts as technical and analytical support to Product Development Engineering. May provide direction and guidance to less experienced team members. Refers problems that cannot be resolved to the next level. Serves as a central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to production and distribution. Involvement may last throughout all stages of a product’s life cycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line.
Key Job Elements
• Manage re-manufacturing product launch from feasibility study to product availability.
• Complete the business case for reman product launch (margin improvement/warranty spend saving/supply constraint)
• Complete feasibility study through parts teardown, analyze failure modes, create bills of materials and create statement of work for supplier
• Working w/ core engineering to Create and approve Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) for reman products
• Work w/ core engineering to Create and approve engineering changes requests as required
• Coordinate approvals for supplier request for engineering approval (SREA)
• Develop test plans for reman products as required
• Provide support for reman products by providing technical answer & solution, break down barriers for parts availability constraint and quality improvement
• Complete projects to improve salvage components rate for cost savings and product long-term availability
• Participate in sales, product, customer discussion to convert ideas into real product offerings
• Act as SME aftermarket organization
• Have a sound financial acumen to track project execution (NRE hrs. and dollars) to maintain highest margin
Education / Training
• BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• MBA or Masters in Mechanical Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience
• At least 8 years experience in product design/development or new technologies
• At least 2 years experience leading new technologies or specialized technologies
• Experience in the development of electronic/electro-mechanical components and systems for the automotive/truck industry, including network and diagnostics
• Working experience with Quality and Reliability disciplines (FMEA, 8D, PPAP)
• Ability to work independently on a development team
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Fluent PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities