Progress Rail Services Corp. Sr Supplier Performance Improvement Specialist in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3879BR
Posting Title: Sr Supplier Performance Improvement Specialist
Job Category: Supply Chain
Alternative Work Location: LaGrange, IL
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
This position is for an Experienced Supply Chain professional, who will aid in the development, implementation and maintenance of a robust Supplier Performance Management strategy. The selected individual will drive supplier performance improvement through data analysis, cross-functional collaboration, and project support. The selected individual will be responsible for building and maintaining effective internal client relationships with key stakeholders and their suppliers to run supplier scorecards, which will be used to develop, maintain, and continuously improve the supplier performance rating system. In addition, they will also be tasked with development, propagation and updating of supplier portal to improve supplier connectivity and collaboration.
Key Job Elements
• Responsible for the development of the supplier performance management (SPM) strategy and implementation plan for the Global Procurement function, ensuring:
o A coordinated, proactive engagement process with key strategic suppliers;
o Long-term initiatives are managed, planned for, and drive full value potential for the company;
• Develop and implement an effective vendor governance plan, ensuring that the appropriate SPM methods are applied to the management of key strategic suppliers;
• Define, measure, and trend Key Performance Indicators, Metrics, and Service Level Agreements in a standardized scorecard;
• Provide support to business wide change activities, role modelling new ways of working and supporting the delivery of elements of the program to ensure capability is improved and value added to the business;
• Uses Supplier Development Playbook and other performance improvement tools to improve key supplier performance to established Supplier standards;
• Monitors key performance indicators, analyzes cost-to-serve performance data, and coordinates cross-functional work teams to increase effectiveness of supply chain initiatives;
• Develop, maintain, and continuously improve data collection process, data analysis and results presentation;
• Prepare supplier executive summaries and present at SBU critical supplier reviews;
• Participate in or lead process improvement projects to streamline Supplier Performance operations;
• Assist the PRL DBE/Supplier Diversity Committee towards meeting formal DBE goals.
Education / Training
• Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering or other Business related field.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply Chain/Procurement/Vendor Management/Supply Chain Consulting or related area with a proven track record of performance achievement, and growth;
• Strong experience of developing, managing and operating SRM programs;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to enable efficient, accurate and objective decision making;
• Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships throughout the organization;
• Ability to communicate dynamically at all levels within PRL and externally to senior leaders within supplier organizations;
• Excellent communication skills, including strong written and verbal communications, group presentation skills;
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding ability to make decisions or recommendations on incomplete information;
• Experience in working with suppliers;
• Experience developing suppliers and supplier relationships
• Ability to lead in a collaborative team environment;
• Advanced skills in MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities