Progress Rail Services Corp. Supervisor, International Trade Compliance in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 4093BR
Posting Title: Supervisor, International Trade Compliance
Job Category: Compliance
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Supervisor a small to medium size group of employees engaged in Import export Operations. Make decisions within general practices, policies and procedures. High level of independent judgment is used, but some general direction is also received from supervisor.
Key Job Elements
• Supervise Import_Export Operations team and oversight for the following processes.
o US and CA Export Recordkeeping, including collecting and processing US and CA export data and documentation
o Oversight for Classification Operations (import and export) including submitting requests to the service provider and tracking progress; responding to requests for technical data/information through coordination with the requesting locations, suppliers and engineering, as needed; and assisting with global classification processes.
o Customs Request Box - Processing and responding to various import and export requests (both internal and external) including routing customer requests to the FTA-Origin Analyst, addressing classification requests and responding to Importer of Record determination requests.
• Provide training for other departments and service providers; and conduct quality reviews and internal audits
• Trouble Shoot and track US and CA Imports and Exports and broker referral escalations
• Customs Accounting
o ACH Debit and Credit processing with US Customs and Border Protection and oversight of the US Periodic Monthly Statement process.
o Broker and service provider invoice review and processing, working closely with Accounts Payable and/or Treasury as required.
o Post Entry Refund and Spend Tracking.
o Develop and Maintain work instructions / process maps / procedures for Customs Accounting.
• Progress Rail Liaison for onboarding new acquisitions or personnel changes at existing locations, relative to US and CA import and export operations
• Oversight, review and processing of export documentation from countries outside the U.S.
• Special Projects, as assigned
Education / Training
• Four-year college degree in Accounting or International Trade or equivalent experience required;
• Import or Export Certification preferred
Qualifications and Experience
• Two years of managerial experience – preferred;
• Intermediate level of proficiency with personal computers and software (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
• Analytical ability required for routine daily issues;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) required.
This position is not eligible for relocation benefits
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities