Progress Rail Services Corp. Turbocharger Analytical Design Engineer in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3200BR
Posting Title: Turbocharger Analytical Design Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Perform engineering analysis on turbochargers for locomotive engines through the application of specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities. Work involves independent judgment, decision making, and creativity.
Key Job Elements
- Perform design analysis on turbocharger machinery components and associated hardware;
- Use engineering analytical design tools to perform structural and thermal mechanical analyses;
- Conduct and engage in complex design analyses of locomotive engine components;
- Perform complex finite element analysis of turbocharger hardware;
- Perform static, dynamic, large-displacement analyses on engine components, especially turbochargers;
- Travel as required.
Education / Training
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (MS Preferred);
Qualifications and Experience
- Practical experience performing ANSYS FEA, LS-DYNA dynamic analyses;
- Knowledge and use of engineering-related computer analytical software to perform complex analysis;
- Preferred experience in turbocharger design analyses, development, testing;
- Strong oral and written skills to write technical reports and make presentations;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in order to effectively interface with turbocharger design team and in cross-functional engineering teams;
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling a productive work environment;
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the workforce/management;
- Ability to travel as required, up to 10%.
This position is eligible for relocation benefits.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities