Progress Rail Services Corp. Machinist (2nd Shift) in Lincoln, Nebraska
Auto req ID: 3666BR
Posting Title: Machinist (2nd Shift)
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Alternative Work Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Operate various machines to produce high quality axles through either our machining process with various lathes and end mills or through our plating process to refurbish.
Key Job Elements
• Operate CNC Lathes, Band Saw, End Mills, Electroplate Axles, Finish Grinding, Precision Measurements and Quality Inspections;
• 2nd Shift position (3:00 pm-11:30 pm, Monday thru Friday);
• Overtime as required.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Knowledge of the decimal system;
• Use of precision gages example: Micrometers;
• Capable use of hand tools.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities