Progress Rail Services Corp. Welder in Louisville, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 3615BR
Posting Title: Welder
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Alternative Work Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Job duties mainly consist of fabricating parts and assembling large aluminum railroad signal structures;
• Must be able to work first shift and mandatory overtime when needed;
• Other duties as assigned by the shop foreman and plant manager, are subject to change and may not be consistent on a daily basis.
Key Job Elements
• Welding, fabrication
• Blue print reading
Education / Training
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience
• Proficient in welding;
• Candidates will be required to take and pass a welding test;
• Must be experienced in mig welding aluminum and steel;
• Must be capable of performing all job duties in a safe and professional manor showing attention to detail in a fast paced work environment;
• Must be trainable, fast learner and very capable of taking directions.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities