Progress Rail Services Corp. Human Resources Manager in Mayfield, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 3705BR
Posting Title: Human Resources Manager
Job Category: Human Resources
Alternative Work Location: Mayfield
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
We are looking for a highly energetic individual with ability to communicate with a stable and mature workforce; A skilled HR manager to oversee all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes. You will support business needs and ensure the proper implementation of company strategy and objectives. The goal is to promote corporate values and enable business success through human resources management, including job design, recruitment, performance management, training & development, employment cycle changes, talent management, and facilities management services.
Key Job Elements
• Develop and foster a value based, innovative and engaged culture that respects diversity and ensures the safety of all employees;
• Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy;
• Bridge management and employee relations by addressing employment related issues and complaints;;
• Responsible for maintaining Corporate and facility HR Policies;
• Recruit candidates for open vacancies that display value driven behaviors:
• Ensure Data Privacy Protections;
• Ensure legal compliance in employment-related matters;
• Effectively utilize all HRIS systems to ensure support to the facility and employees (Peoplesoft, Kronos):
• Develop plans based on EOS to improve employee relations:
• Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures:
• Nurture a positive working environment;
• Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics;
• Develop training opportunities for employees;
• Conduct Compliance reviews;
• Nurture an effective communication plan;
• Special assignments as needed;
Education / Training
• BS degree (or equivalent experience) in Human Resources or related field required;
• MS degree in Human Resources or related field preferred;
• HR professional certification a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum three - five years Human Resources management experience; prefer Human Resources management experience in a manufacturing environment;
• In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices, including Federal Contractor obligations;
• Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics;
• Knowledgeable of environmental safety and health practices.;
• Good problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills;
• Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills;
• Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills;
• Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
• Experience as a presenter/trainer/facilitator preferred.
• Experience with major HR systems such as PeopleSoft, Kenexa BrassRing & OnBoard, and Oracle;
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, including intermediate-level Excel skills;
• Ability to travel as required.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities