Progress Rail Services Corp. Locomotive Electrician in Mayfield, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 3225BR
Posting Title: Locomotive Electrician
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Reports directly to and works under the supervision of the locomotive department supervisor/supervisors. A locomotive electrician will be capable of understanding and troubleshooting, rewiring, print reading, of basic locomotive circuitry, system components, system operation, system tests and the FRA/CSXT Mechanical Department Locomotive Standards and “Best Practices” required for proper maintenance, inspection, and repair of locomotives.
Key Job Elements
• Conducts requirements of a Locomotive Electrician III;
• Conducts electrical inspection, troubleshooting, installation and repair of locomotives and locomotive components. Includes tear down and installing new and reconditioned components, wiring and cables;
• Properly utilize equipment and tools: crimpers, strippers, zip guns, basic hand tools, torque wrenches, electric and air operated hand tools, forklift and man lifts, and other tools as required;
• Read precision instruments, micrometers, and gauges;
• Conducts electrical inspection according to FRA standards;
• Read locomotive blueprints & schematics and make needed repairs;
• Works with little or no supervision consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Keep work area clean and organized consistently and safely;
• Inspect, maintain, troubleshoot and repair EMD control systems;
• Operate overhead cranes accurately and safely;
• Complete and document jobs in a timely manner per traveler requirements/QWI’s/work instructions consistently, accurately, and safely.
Education / Training
• High School education or GED/
• Certified/Licensed Electricians OR
Qualifications and Experience
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude;
• Must have basic computer skills;
• 12 months experience as an electrician;
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities