Progress Rail Services Corp. Locomotive Engine Mechanic III in Mayfield, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 3630BR
Posting Title: Locomotive Engine Mechanic III
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Ability to breakdown and assemble the mechanical components of a locomotive engines.
Key Job Elements
• Ability to use mechanical equipment, luggers, forklifts, roll-overs, torque wrench consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Must have basic knowledge of locomotive engine components;
• Able to perform basic engine repair consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Ability to align rotating equipment consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Ability to follow written/scope of work instructions and or QWI’s consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Ability to work with little or no supervision consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Ability to read precision instruments, micrometers, and gauges accurately and safely;
• Must keep work area clean and organized consistently and safely;
• Ability to use electric and air operated hand tools accurately and safely;
• Ability to operate overhead cranes accurately and safely;
• Complete and document jobs in a timely manner per traveler requirements/QWI’s/work instructions consistently, accurately, and safely.
Education / Training
Must High School Education or GED
Must have basic computer skills
Must have strong Mechanical aptitude
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience directly related to repairing, testing of mechanical component systems preferably relating to locomotive engines;
• Possess and demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of efficiency.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities