Progress Rail Services Corp. Locomotive Painter in Mayfield, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 4583BR
Posting Title: Locomotive Painter
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Alternative Work Location: Mayfield
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The painter/sandblaster will clean, sandblast, prep and paint locomotives and locomotive components.
Key Job Elements
• Work as locomotive mechanic III or support maintenance activities throughout the facility to including painting as needed;
• Prepare and paint locomotive and locomotive components
o Wash & clean locomotive and
o Prep locomotive and components before
o Sandblast locomotives and components
o Paint and clear coat locomotives and
o Install decals;
• Work with little or no supervision consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Read precision instruments, micrometers, and gauges accurately, and safely;
• Keep work area clean and organized consistently and safely;
• Complete and document jobs in a timely manner per traveler requirements/QWI’s/work instructions consistently, accurately, and safely;
• Use the following equipment
o electric and air operated hand tools
o 5 gallon paint pots
o Bobcat, forklifts and man lifts
o Industrial pressure washer
o Full face respirator with filter or fresh
o Other equipment and tools.
Education / Training
• High School Education or GED, prefer certification in industrial painting or auto body.
Qualifications and Experience
• Mechanical aptitude;
• Ability to work around and operate overhead cranes and mobile equipment;
• Ability to utilize pressure washers, pressurized paint delivery systems and other equipment;
• Must use a full face respirator with filter or fresh air.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities