Progress Rail Services Corp. Material Handler III in Mayfield, Kentucky
Auto req ID: 3628BR
Posting Title: Material Handler III
Job Category: Supply Chain
Alternative Work Location: Mayfield
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Able to interact/communicate with personnel regarding material throughout the facility;
• Must be able to pull material for orders submitted by transaction sheets accurately and a safely;
• Must be able to deliver material to the locomotive/engine production lines in a timely manner consistently, accurately and safely;
• Able to be responsible for additional job responsibilities assigned by supervisor/manager;
• Must have basic knowledge and recognition of locomotive/engine parts. Ability to operate overhead cranes/fork trucks accurately and safely;
• Must keep work area clean and organized consistently and safely.
Key Job Elements
• Ensure inventory accuracy through the completion of effective inventory control techniques including Internal Audits, Cycle Counts, and Physical Inventory;
• Assist in the development of localized policies and procedures as related to the control of production inventory;
• Be familiar with part numbers, descriptions, value, dimensions, weight and Bill of Lading;
• Work with Operations personnel to ensure a clear shared understanding of the importance of inventory accuracy;
• Work with the Quality Department to ensure damaged product is accurately captured and removed from inventory;
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled audits of production kits to ensure count integrity;
• Back-up to receiving and other shipping personnel;
• Safety operate and maintain material handling equipment to include forklifts, cranes, etc.
Education / Training
• Prefer High School education or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3-6 months of industrial material handling experience;
• Mechanical aptitude (helpful but no required).
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities