Progress Rail Services Corp. Heavy Equipment Operator in Memphis, Tennessee
Auto req ID: 3949BR
Posting Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The Equipment Operator will perform a variety of skilled or semi-skilled tasks involving the operation, servicing, and maintenance of heavy equipment.
Key Job Elements
The primary duties include and are not limited to the following:
• Operate Wheel Loader and/or tracked heavy equipment to move and process scrap materials;
• Load and unload parts to pallets for transport;
• Effectively communicate with team members and customers;
• Operate a commercial cutting torch as needed;
• Operate skidsteer or fork lift;
• Daily equipment inspection and maintenance.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Previous experience operating a forklift, skidsteer, front-end loader, tracked heavy equipment;
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance;
• Able to work in a team environment and individually;
• Work in all weather conditions;
• Must be able and have a willingness to work safe.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities