Progress Rail Services Corp. Assistant III, Administrative in Mojave, California
Auto req ID: 3948BR
Posting Title: Assistant III, Administrative
Job Category: Administrative/Clerical
Alternative Work Location: Mojave, CA
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Responsible for keeping billing, estimating and invoicing statuses current and on track.
Key Job Elements
• Process invoices in BAAN/LN;
• Match invoices to purchase orders;
• Invoice problem – solving/resolution;
• Maintain inter-company aging and un-invoiced receipts;
• Check and sort mail;
• Resolve past due invoices;
• Communicate estimate changes to customers in a timely manner;
• Maintain accurate records.
Education / Training
• Accounts Payable experience preferred 2-3 yrs.
Qualifications and Experience
• Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite;
• Ability to quickly master new software and computer systems;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Must have sense of urgency and consistent follow-through;
• Ability to prioritize based on changing production needs;
• High degree of professionalism when interacting with customers;
• Must be able to work well with all levels of the organization;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities;
• Ability to build inter-departmental relationships to improve processes;
• Ability to take initiative, to work independently and with confidentiality;
• Familiar with General Ledger Accounting;
• Must be proficient with 10 key calculator.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities