Progress Rail Services Corp. Machine Operator in Mojave, California
Auto req ID: 3964BR
Posting Title: Machine Operator
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Alternative Work Location: Mojave, CA-Wheel Shop
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Operate machinery to produce & refurbish wheel sets according to AAR guidelines.
THIS POSITION IS 2nd SHIFT--MUST BE ABLE TO TRAIN ON 1ST SHIFT AND THEN WORK 2nd SHIFT.
Key Job Elements
• Operate presses to apply new wheel plates or bearings;
• Perform daily inspection of equipment;
• Monitor the work to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements;
• Palletize material;
• Remove worn components;
• Load and unload machines with material;
• Grind & buff material in preparation for additional processes;
• Gage and test material for compliance;
• Complete daily production reports.
Education / Training
• Prefer High School Education or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3-6 months of experience operating machines;
• Mechanical aptitude;
• Read precision instruments and gauges;
• Understand technical drawings and work instructions;
• Capable use of hand and power tools, including pneumatic tools;
• Must be able to complete production reports with accuracy;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Operate overhead cranes;
• Must be quality oriented and a team player.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities