Progress Rail Services Corp. Engineering Manager in Montgomery, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4042BR
Posting Title: Engineering Manager
Job Category: Engineering
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company and a leading provider of Railroad Maintenance of Way equipment throughout the North American Market, seeks an experienced Engineering Manager over the Maintenance of Way Facility in Montgomery AL.
Key Job Elements
• Provide overall leadership and guidance to the onsite engineering team (15-20 designers, engineers, tech pubs, etc.) in a cross-functional work environment;
• Create an ownership and accountability culture that promotes proven error-free designs throughout the product’s lifecycle;
• Work closely with the onsite support functions and manufacturing teams on design and process improvements to deliver cost effective solutions for our internal and external customers;
• Analyze designs to improve product quality and provide necessary revisions to designs to meet customer satisfaction, while maintaining our cost competitiveness in the industry;
• Become an industry leader with innovation and design; encourage and mentor all engineering staff to promote the same beliefs;
• Research concerns and provide feedback on design issues; provide recommendations for issues impacting our customer base;
• Promote a “hands on” approach to design including implementation of a design review culture, to minimize design / rework issues that result in costly downtime and warranty rework;
• Drive internal standardization for all product lines to 70% or better before becoming Customer specific equipment;
• Interface with the sales / commercials teams, listening and promoting ideas with a voice of customer / customer first mentality;
• Incorporate a “design for manufacturing” and “design for serviceability” methodology that will speed up assembly time and minimize costly repairs and down time;
• Support of the following critical KPIs (reduction of assembly hours, improve safety, improve flow of material, ship on time, etc);
• Reduce the engineering driven deviations by 75% YoY, resulting in savings from unnecessary labor, material usage, and waste;
• Ability to understand and decompose failures for proper root cause analysis related to potential engineering issues;
• Become the catalyst for personal growth and promotion of the current / legacy engineering team;
• Create and adjust project schedules based on internal or external needs.
Education / Training
• BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience
• 10 years experience working in Engineering, 7 years managing a large team;
• Strong project management experience, product management experience;
• Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and manage large workloads;
• Previous experience in 5S and continuous improvement / lean manufacturing environment;
• Knowledge and familiarity with AREMA, AAR and ISO standards and specifications;
• Experience with hydraulic, pneumatics, and electrical systems;
• Experience with Autocad, 2D, and Inventor 3D Software;
• Experience with LN or similar ERP system;
• New Product Development experience;
• 3D design software experience;
• Travel as required (education, research, and commissioning).
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities