Progress Rail Services Corp. Machine Operator in Montgomery, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4401BR
Posting Title: Machine Operator
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail Services Corporation, a Caterpillar Company, is one of the largest integrated and diversified suppliers of railroad and transit system products and services worldwide. With the acquisition of Electro-Motive Diesel (EMD), we are the world's largest builder of diesel-electric locomotives for all commercial railroad applications including freight, intercity passenger, commuter, switching, industrial and mining. EMD is also a global provider of diesel power engines for marine propulsion, offshore and land based oil well drilling rigs and stationary power generation.
We are a premier employer within the rail industry, with products and services represented in over 100 countries around the world. With operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Europe, we are continually expanding our footprint. Becoming a part of the team means becoming a part of a rich heritage and a bright future in our global marketplace. Our goal is to recruit, hire and develop a skilled workforce to meet the challenges of the future. Within Progress Rail and Electro-Motive Diesel, there exists a wide range of rewarding assignments and career paths. Our greatest strength and advantage in the marketplace is our commitment to our people.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com .
This position is located in the Metal Fabrication Department. Candidate must follow all work procedures and maintain accurate documentation. Must abide by all safety regulations.
Key Job Elements
Successful candidate will set up and operate one or more of the following with limited direction from the mentor or lead person:
• Burners - Plasma;
• Punch Presses ;
• Drill Presses;
• Press Brakes – 100 & 500 Ton.
Education / Training
• Basic Shop math / H.S. Diploma or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
• 3 – 5 years experience preferred;
• Manual Industrial Machine Operator experience preferred;
• Ability to read a tape measure;
• Must be quality oriented and a team player;
• Use of precision instruments and gauges required;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Good attendance record;
• Must be able to work overtime and some weekends to meet business demands;
• Prefer candidates with previous experience working in a continuous improvement culture of Lean manufacturing and 5S;
• Knowledge of Quality Management Systems, ISO 9001;
• Prefer candidates with previous experience working in a manufacturing environment of Safety, Quality, On Time Delivery and Cost where everyone is valued and is encouraged to contribute to improve products, process and the business.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and Electro-Motive Diesel (EMD) offers an excellent total compensation package including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. (Position employment status may affect benefits eligibility.) Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled