Progress Rail Services Corp. Warehouse Associate in Montgomery, Alabama
Auto req ID: 4468BR
Posting Title: Warehouse Associate
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Alternative Work Location: Montgomery
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
To deliver superior Material Handler services while effectively meeting both internal and external customer needs.
Key Job Elements
The primary duties include and are not limited to the following:
• Loading and unloading of materials and products, and verifying the quantity of items received against shipping paperwork;
• Putting away and picking materials as needed, and organization of paperwork associated with the material movement process;
• Assist in the coordination of incoming materials between departments based on priorities in production and shipping;
• As needed transportation of product from one department to another manually, or using material handling equipment;
• Maintain detailed logs to account for all materials that enter and leave the warehouse;
• Support transactions in the ERP system as needed;
• Coordinate with other departments to ensure accountability for all materials;
• Coordinate with the quality department on all items needing inspection, and support the DMR process as required;
• Organize storage and work to implement 5-S in all areas;
• Additional duties as assigned.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
Qualifications and Experience
• Understanding large-scale organization systems;
• Knowledgeable of inventory control systems;
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously;
• Meet physical requirements such as lifting, bending, and standing for long periods;
• Understand proper storage requirements (including First In First Out when applicable);
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, such as Word and Excel;
• Basic knowledge of ERP systems;
• Experience using warehouse equipment such as forklifts and order pickers;
• Safety focused;
• Prefer candidates with previous experience working in a manufacturing environment of Safety, Quality, On Time Delivery and Cost where everyone is valued and is encouraged to contribute to improve products, process and the business.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities