Progress Rail Services Corp. Accountant III in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 2794BR
Posting Title: Accountant III
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• Inventory cost accounting, including accuracy of inventory quantities and costs;
• Maintain accuracy of balance sheet accounts;
• Responsible for month end close process for multiple locomotive locations, including journal entries and account reconciliation;
• Maintain division journal entries and monthly reports in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley;
• Monitor expenses and variances to budget;
• Review accounting processes for accuracy and potential for improvement;
• Assist operations in preparation of monthly financial forecasts;
• Work with operations managers to prepare annual operating budget;
• Review financial statements;
• Monitor internal controls and test for Sarbanes Oxley compliance;
• Ensure compliance with company policies;
• A/P review and processing for location (I/C and Trade);
• Invoicing (LN);
• Fixed Asset entering, review and audit;
• Maintain CIP detail for location;
• Capture and compile restructuring related costs;
• Review slow moving process and updates;
• Ad Hoc Projects as they arise for location and division;
• Inventory responsibilities (cycle count review, physical inventory procedures & prep);
• Forecasting and analysis on variances to plan monthly.
Education / Training
• BS Degree in Accounting (CPA/CMA a plus).
Qualifications and Experience
• 0-3 years accounting experience;
• Cost accounting experience in manufacturing environment;
• Experience in Microsoft Office software (LN knowledge a plus);
• Must demonstrate analytical skills and general knowledge of Accounting procedures;
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills;
• Detail-oriented / sense of urgency / follow-through;
• Ability to multi-task, work independently, and work effectively in varying.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities