Progress Rail Services Corp. Buyer/Planner in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 4180BR
Posting Title: Buyer/Planner
Job Category: Supply Chain
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Using the existing MRP system, ensure the timely delivery of products to Customers meet the Customer Requirements while maintaining minimum inventory levels.
Key Job Elements
• Knowledge of Materials Shortages and take under consideration for Production Schedule;
• Communicate known shortages to operations group and assist in the development of recovery plan;
• Develop a Weekly, Monthly, Yearly Master Production Schedule (Local MPS Maintenance).
• Maintain Material Master Data
• Load and Cost Maintenance Work Orders and Sales Orders.
• Create, Issue, Close and Ship Production Orders and Maintenance Work Orders.
• Monitor production activity; Be proactive and focus on support;
• Monitor and maintain departmental metrics;
• Participate in regular cross-functional meetings;
• Follow-up with suppliers to insure timely deliveries;
• Maintain ERP system accuracy;
• React to Move Out/Move In of POs in a timely manner;
• Participate in cross functional Lean activities.
Education / Training
• Prefer degree in Business (Supply Chain specialization preferred).
Qualifications and Experience
• Experience in a Material Planning role in a heavy equipment Manufacturing Environment;
• Strong MS Excel and ERP/MRP system skills;
• Competency using other computer based programs such as Word, Outlook, Power Point;
• Solid Problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed, team based environment;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to negotiate solutions with suppliers and internal customers.
• Planning in a low volume, highly complex BOM environment;
• Experience in mechanical, Electrical, Weld manufacturing environment;
• Six Sigma Trained preferred;
• Experience working with SAP/LN Systems.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities