Progress Rail Services Corp. Electrical Assembler (all shifts) in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 4243BR
Posting Title: Electrical Assembler (all shifts)
Job Category: Hourly/Production
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Following written and visual instructions, Assemblers use electrical and mechanical knowledge and skills to assemble locomotive parts and components. Operations include wiring, mechanical assembly, fabricating, and repair work.
Key Job Elements
• Run wiring throughout cab unit and underframe;
• Measure, cut, and lug wires to proper length;
• Evaluate continuity of wires and cables;
• Fit, assemble, connect and install system components;
• Use stripping and crimping pliers, voltmeters, jigs, measurement instruments, hand and power tools;
• Align major components;
• Assist welders with prep, repair, and grinding weld spatter;
• Mask locomotives for paint;
• Utilize computer to access instructional documents.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Qualifications and Experience
• Ability to read and interpret schematics, wire running lists, blueprints;
• Ability to use various hand and power tools and measuring devices;
• Ability to work in a Windows environment to look up assembly instructions/reference documents;
• Safety- and quality-focused;
• Continuous improvement-oriented.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities