Progress Rail Services Corp. Engineering Supervisor II - Manufacturing in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 3256BR
Posting Title: Engineering Supervisor II - Manufacturing
Job Category: Engineering
Alternative Work Location: Muncie, IN
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
This is a fast-paced, floor supervisor position for the locomotive test department. This position will be responsible for both Test Technicians and Test Project Engineers. This position will manage workload and employees to meet the quality and delivery goals for the test department. This position will also work on continuous improvement initiatives that improve the safety, quality, and efficiency of the test department.
Key Job Elements
• Lead, coach and manage performance of direct reports including work assignments; resolve performance, productivity and efficiency issues in a timely and effective manner
• Approve and track vacation and attendance; document performance deficiencies
• Ensure new employees are trained appropriately and document as required; upgrade training of existing employees as required
• Manages workload and ensures delivery dates are met per the production schedule
• Assign units to Test Project Engineers
• Keep track of unit statuses and report status updates to Test Manager
• Ensure all processes are being followed in a safe manner to ensure the quality of the test process
• Ensure employees are working in a safe manner and eliminate unsafe work conditions
• Complete monthly Safety talks with employees
• Ensure all Safe Work Procedures for their current department are known and adhered to by employees
Education / Training
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or an Associate’s degree in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology field with 10+ years of testing or electrical experience
Qualifications and Experience
• Technical knowledge and expertise to perform test duties
• Experience supervising employees; ability to coach, mentor and effectively manage performance
• Effective team building skills
• Strong problem solving abilities
• Knowledge of safety rules and regulations relevant to functional area and facility
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient with test software, record keeping and systems
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities