Progress Rail Services Corp. Human Resources Manager in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 3650BR
Posting Title: Human Resources Manager
Job Category: Human Resources
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Key management position responsible for the Human Resources function within a fast-paced manufacturing operation employing 500+. Coordinates the activities of staff members devoted to recruiting, time collection/payroll, benefits administration, training and performance management. Acts as strategic business partner for Operations Leaders, directing the HR effort in support of all aspects of the operation.
Key Job Elements
• Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the HR department;
• Develops department goals and HR processes in support of operational goals;
• Successfully administers Corporate Human Resources polices at the local level;
• Fosters positive employee relations through communication and responsiveness;
• Routinely tours shop floor to maintain good working relationships at all levels;
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, non-exempt and temporary employees;
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws, including EOE and AAP;
• Develops and maintains job descriptions for all positions;
• Manages the performance evaluation process (hourly and salaried annual cycles);
• Coordinates appropriate and consistent application of progressive discipline;
• Ensures accurate and timely payroll processing on a weekly/bi-weekly basis;
• Directs the efforts related to training, new-hire orientation and policy communication;
• Administers Corporate Employee Benefits plans, and responds to related employee questions/concerns;
• Administers local leave-of-absence, workers’ compensation, accommodation, and disability processes;
• Completes local ethics-related (or other) investigations as appropriate;
• Properly utilizes HR systems (HRIS, ATS, Performance Management, Kiosks, etc.);
• Maintains HR department records/reports, forwards to Corporate HR as appropriate;
• Coordinates strategic HR initiatives such as staffing plans, talent pools, compensation analysis, etc.;
• Communicates regularly and effectively with members of Corporate HR;
• Evaluates department performance for continuous improvement in relation to established goals.
Education / Training
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field required;
• HR professional certification a plus.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum five years Human Resources management experience, to include;
• Minimum two years Human Resources management experience in a manufacturing environment;
• Experience with major HR systems such as PeopleSoft, BrassRing and Oracle;
• Proficient in MS Office Suite, including intermediate-level Excel skills;
• Strong knowledge of employment law, including Federal Contractor obligations;
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills;
• Good problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills;
• Experience as a presenter/trainer/facilitator preferred.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities