Progress Rail Services Corp. Inventory Analyst in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 3895BR
Posting Title: Inventory Analyst
Job Category: Supply Chain
Alternative Work Location: Muncie, IN
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for allocating resources by keeping abreast of business trends and forecasting future sales. May deal directly with vendors and may seek out new ones.
Key Job Elements
• Create supply chain management strategies that increase efficiency of inventory as an asset;
• Collaborate closely with Purchasing agents to determine and identify MRP accuracy for buying decisions;
• Determine, develop and distribute key supply chain KPIs;
• Provide operational support and guidance to ensure maximum productivity;
• Train and mentor Supply Chain employees;
• Collaborate with and drive other departments such as Engineering, (BOM structure impact on inventory), Operations,( Work Order structure impact on inventory), Finance, ( Days Supply impact on inventory), IT ( data accuracy impact on inventory) to identify vulnerabilities and close operational gaps;
• Prepare and submit all aspects of inventory reports for Business, Operational, Financial, Material Control executives. Support top down objectives through the development of concise metrics and reporting functions;
• Establish good communications and relationships with vendors as business partners. to proactively engage suppliers in identifying potential issues, resolutions and opportunities. to develop communication solutions that create value, decrease problems and preemptively solve consistent issues;
• Optimize operational resources while executing cost reductions and inventory controls;
• Drive system based enterprise resource planning (and MRP) solutions;
• Conducting risk assessments on product life cycles. supply trends, demand factors and at-risk product mitigation;
• Support the management of contracts and supplier risk assessment;
• Prepares inventory level budgets and forecasts;
• Coordinates purchasing activities with Planning, order fulfillment to maintain inventories at planned levels;
• Design and implement necessary supply chain optimization projects;
• Analyze, optimize, and oversee inventory procedures;
• Foster strong partnerships with other businesses.
Education / Training
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, economics.
Qualifications and Experience
• Sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on company’s success;
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills;
• Team player;
• Good time-management skills;
• Great interpersonal and communication skills;
• Oversee creation of processes and methods to gather supply chain data;
• Process data, identifying problematic areas and suggesting improvements;
• Proficiency in computer applications specifically advanced Excel applications;
• Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities