Progress Rail Services Corp. Locomotive Paint Prep in Muncie, Indiana
Auto req ID: 4330BR
Posting Title: Locomotive Paint Prep
Job Category: Manufacturing/Operations
Alternative Work Location: Muncie, IN
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Paint Preppers (taping/sanding) in Locomotive Assembly facility in Muncie, IN. The Paint Preppers will be responsible for masking/taping and prepping of locomotives.
Key Job Elements
• Mask and prep locomotives for paint;
• Power wash units for paint; check for leaks;
• Mud and glaze dents or marks, perform touch-ups, and repair flaws;
• Perform surface preparations including sanding and masking to apply stencils and decals;
• Responsible for the care, cleaning, and maintenance of booth, equipment;
• Assist in preparing equipment for shipment;
• Use of all related safety equipment, such as fresh air breathing apparatus, and working with solvents, catalysts, additives, and coatings;
• Must be able to work inside/outside in all weather conditions;
• Frequently work from various heights.
Education / Training
• High School Education or equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience
• 1-3 Years use of tools preferred;
• Ability to squat, bend, stoop, lift, reach, crawl, climb, and perform repetitive motion.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities